Saturday, June 4, 2011

Today's Don Newcombe Signing - Recap & Pictures

Today was the scheduled Don Newcombe signing at Frank & Son.  The signing was put on by Hall of Fame Sports.  I wasn't sure I was going to attend this signing until last week.  I got Newcombe's autograph years ago at a big memorabilia show.  I want to say it was at one of the National Conventions at the Anaheim Convention Center but i'm not 100% sure.  I have an 8x10 signed by Newk and an old official National League baseball signed by him with a ROY 1949 and Cy Young MVP 1956 inscription.  However, after seeing how alot of fans & collectors have been getting their bobbleheads signed, I decided to take my Newcombe SGA bobblehead and get it signed.

The signing was scheduled to start at 12:00pm and I arrived at 11:40.  I picked up my autograph ticket and jumped in line.  There were about 25 people in front of me.  Newk started the signing right on time and was taking the time to greet everyone and shake hands.  We were informed we would not be able to pose for pictures because he was on a tight schedule.  All in all it was a good signing and I added my first signed bobblehead to my autograph collection

Check out my pics below:


Newk grabbing my bobblehead

Newk signing my bobblehead

The Newk bobblehead given away at Dodger Stadium July 23, 2004

I asked him to sign it going around the cap but he signed the bill of the cap.  Oh well, still looks good

Shout out to blog reader Steph G. who I got to meet today.  Steph was there with her husband getting Newk's autograph.  Steph also bought my extra Dodger Cooler that was SGA earlier this season.
You should check out Steph's Dodger Swag Trading Page on Facebook.   http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_128842677194277&ap=1
A page where Dodger fans can trade their Dodger stuff.

True to the Blue!

2 comments: