Saturday, June 4, 2011

Matt Kemp's Postgame Interview After Grandslam



After the Dodger extra inning victory today, I was a little pumped up.  Despite all the ownership distractions, fans staying away from the ballpark and all the injuries, this team has shown some heart the last 3 series.  Granted, this Dodger team is still very flawed, they are definitely not closing up shop and phoning in the season.  Due to my post game excitement I really didn't pay attention to Matt Kemp's postgame interview with Thom Brennaman and Eric Karros.  My friend Alejandra had to point out to me the things Matt talked about.

Kemp said:

Last year was a disappointing year for me individually and team wise, we didn’t do what we needed to do to make the playoffs and I could’ve done a lot better than I did last year.  So we still have a lot to prove, I still have a lot to prove.  We gotta go out here every day and do our part and win ball games.

Karros then asked Kemp:


What’s been the biggest change for you?  You talk about last year this year, has it been a physical change or a mental change?
Kemp's reply:

Definitely physically and mentally you know getting my body right getting my mind right.  I have a lot of good people around me that are supporting me and we’re getting work done, we’re studying the game, we’re definitely getting some work done.  Like I said we still got a long season to go and a lot more to prove.  So, it’s gonna be an exciting year for us and we’re definitely trying to get back to the playoffs.


When Kemp gave that last reply, you could tell he had a little smirk on his face.  When talking about people supporting him, i'm sure he was alluding to Davey Lopes helping him study and getting work done as opposed to his relationships last year with Larry Bowa and Bob Schaefer.  I'm sure the smirk had a little to do with all the Rihanna drama from last year too.  I like Matt's demeanor and answers during the postgame interview.  He may be finally turning the corner.

[Update] The video is down there but if for some reason you can't view it, here is the link
You can watch the entire video below.


No comments:

Post a Comment