Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Random Dodger Collectibles - Ethier Action Figure, Kemp Canvas & Ethier Canvas


Last week, I had a birthday party to go to for my cousin's son and a co-ed baby shower for one of my college buddies.  So I decided to kill two birds with one stone and get a Babies R Us & a Toys R Us gift card from Toys R Us.  While in Toys R Us, I decide to walk down the action figure aisle to see if there are any McFarlane MLB Playmaker 2 figures. I posted about the Andre Ethier Playmaker 2 action figure back on March 6th.  Check it out here .  Well, there just so happened to be an Ethier action figure.  It was the one with Ethier batting, they did not have the one with him in the fielding position.  As I mentioned in my post last month, it looks nothing like him.  Here are some pics.

I put the action figure next to a baseball to give it some perspective

A close-up of his face.  I don't think it looks like Ethier at all.

Back view

Side view

The McFarlane Playmaker 2 action figures are available now in stores and online.
After I found this action figure in Toys R Us, I went next door to Target to see if they had any.  No luck at Target but I did find some cool canvas pictures.  They were selling them for $19.99.  They look really cool in person!  You can see the Matt Kemp one at the top of this blog post.  The pictures of the Ethier canvas & Dodger Stadium canvas are below.

Andre Ethier

Dodger Stadium


True to the Blue!





2 comments:

  1. OK, I'm going to Toys R Us tomorrow. With my luck, they'll have some out of market players there. They always do. Woodland Hills Toys R Us sucks.

    I saw those pics at Target. I thought they were sweet. A little expensive, but sweet nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck DB! I went to another Toys R Us here in Orange County today. They had Pujols, Mauer & A-Rod but no Ethier!

    ReplyDelete