Thursday, May 19, 2011

Replica Dodger Sports Illustrated Covers

As a baseball fan and more specifically a Dodger fan, I have over the years collected signed 8x10 photos, baseball, mini-helmets and other memoribilia.  Over the last twenty years, my interest level has ebbed and flowed in synch with the money in my bank account.  I've gotten back into the hobby in the last five years and have attended many free autograph appearances as well as many autograph appearances where I was charged for autographs.  I will save my "list" for another post but wanted to share a small tip for those that enjoy getting photos signed.  Two years ago, I attended a Kevin Love autograph signing at the Upper Deck store in Huntington Beach, CA.  I'm a huge UCLA fan and wanted a UCLA item signed.  While searching on line I came across the Sports Illustrated Covers website.  It's a Sports Illustrated site where they sell replica's of some of their past covers. 

Since Tommy Lasorda, Ramon Martinez and Steve Garvey have upcoming signings scheduled I thought it would be a good time to share this info with those looking for a different type of item to get signed.  There are several Dodgers who have graced the cover of Sports Illustrated and the website has most of them for sale.  Here are some pictures of the replica covers.





The replica covers are 11x14 and sell for $19.95. Here is the link

No comments:

Post a Comment