Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Adrian Gonzalez & Matt Kemp Autograph Signing - Photos & Recap

AGON23 in deep thought

On Saturday January 12, 2013, Matt Kemp and Adrian Gonzalez were scheduled to make appearances at the SoCal Baseball and Sports Collectors Expo.  Kemp was scheduled to sign from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and Gonzalez was scheduled to sign from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.  I arrived at the Anaheim Marriott around 10:00 a.m. and took a look around the ballroom that was holding the event.  There were several dealer's tables selling current sports cards and there were dealers who were selling vintage cards as well.  Kemp arrived on time and began signing immediately.  While I have several Kemp autographs, I needed his signature on my Sports Illustrated that I had Magic Johnson sign back on November 3, 2012.  For my recap on that signing check out my post here . The autograph line was moving quickly and Matt was polite as always.  Check out my pics below.

Matt Kemp signing a Sports Illustrated

Matt Kemp signing a jersey

My Sports Illustrated signed by Magic and Kemp

At 2:00 p.m., Adrian Gonzalez arrived and also began signing immediately.  This was my first time getting an autograph from Gonzalez and he seemed like a really shy person.  He was nice and interacted with the fans but was a mellow guy.  Check out my pics below of my #AGON23 autograph on a PS27:1 model Trinity Bat.




Overall it was a good day at the SoCal Baseball and Sports Collectors Expo.  It reminded me of the days when there were huge shows at the Anaheim Convention Center.  Hopefully, this event returns next year bigger and better.

True to the Blue!


No comments:

Post a Comment