Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Jered Weaver Autograph Appearance - Photos & Recap


On Saturday January 12, 2012, Angels pitcher Jered Weaver was scheduled to appear at the SoCal Baseball and Sports Collectors Expo at the Anaheim Marriott.  Weaver was signing courtesy of LOJO  Sports, OC Dugout and Honabach and Sons.  Weaver was scheduled to sign from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.  Weaver arrived on time and there were lots of Angel fans in attendance to get his autograph.  While i'm not an Angel fan, Weaver is one of the best pitchers in MLB and I wanted to get his autograph on a ball.  Weaver arrived on time and began signing right away.  He was chatting with fans and was a pretty cool guy. I got his autograph along with the NH 5-2-12 inscription for the no hitter he pitched on May 2, 2012.  I saw several Angel fans getting their ticket stubs from his no hitter signed.  Check out some pics from the singing.


Weaver and the World Famous Lance from OC Dugout

Weaver and Lance again.

After I got Weaver's autograph, I hung around the Expo for awhile.  After about half an hour, it was announced Steve Garvey was signing autographs at the Jager Sports booth.  Garvey and his son Ryan were at the Trinity Bat Company Home Run Challenge earlier in the day, so I was surprised they both showed up at the Expo.  Even though I have several Steve Garvey autographs, I figured I'd head over to the Jager Sports booth to see  what was going down.  I approached Garvey and he stated he was signing balls, photos, and jerseys he had brought with him and all proceeds would go to charity.  I thanked him for his time and let him know since I had several of his autographs, I was more interested in getting his son Ryan's autograph.  He said for a $5 donation I could get Ryan to sign my ball.  So I forked over $5 and got Ryan Garvey's autograph.  Last season Ryan played for the Grand Junction Rockies in the Pioneer Rookie League.  Check out the ball he signed for me.


Check back tomorrow for my photos and recap of the Matt Kemp and Adrian Gonzalez signings.

True to the Blue!



No comments:

Post a Comment