Monday, August 22, 2011

Injury Bug Bites Rafael Furcal...Again!


I was looking forward to watching Rafael Furcal over the next few days as the Dodgers take on the Cards in St. Louis.  Rafael was always one of the most exciting Dodgers to watch when he was healthy.  However, I was disappointed, but not surprised to read on Dodgers.com Furcal missed the Cardinals game on Sunday and will miss tonight's game against the Dodgers.

According to Ken Gurnick:

Furcal said his thumb is healing from a freak injury he suffered Saturday during batting practice at Wrigley Field, where a wooden board split when he stepped on it and he broke his fall bracing with his right hand, twisting the thumb. He said he can now hold a bat and throw a ball and hoped to be back in the lineup Tuesday night.

Tripped on a wooden board and twisted his thumb? Damn, poor Furcal.  The more things change, the more they stay the same.  Hopefully, he can get back in the lineup Tuesday night.

On a happier note, Furcal showed some love for the L.A. fans.  Gurnick also qouted Furcal as saying:

"The fans there treated me so good. I got hurt and I was disappointed I couldn't play for them. This was a tough decision for me. But I'm a professional. It was tough for me, emotional. I played there 5 1/2 years, I still have a home there. It was a great experience there."

True to the Blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment