Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Norm Nixon Autograph Signing - Photos & Recap


On Saturday November 9, 2013, former Laker Norm Nixon was scheduled to sign autographs at Frank & Son.  This signing was promoted by Honabach and Sons.  Nixon was scheduled to sign from 11:00am to 12:30pm and I arrived at approximately 10:45am.  I picked up my will call ticket and jumped in line.  At around 11:00am, we were notified Nixon was stuck in traffic due to an accident on the freeway.  About an hour later, he finally arrived and began signing.  

I have a Lakers program from a game I attended with my dad when I was 9-years old. The program is from a game between the Lakes and Portland Trailblazers that took place on November 7, 1982.  As I placed the program down in front of Nixon, he said, "Wow, an old Forum program!"  I replied, "Yes, it's from November 7, 1982."  Nixon then stated, "That was a championship year."  He signed my program with two inscriptions.  I thanked him for his time and when he shook my hand, he said to me, "I need to get one of those programs."  Thanks to Honabach and Sons for giving everyone a free inscription due to Nixon being late to the signing.  Take a look at my pictures below.


Norm Nixon getting ready to sign a jersey

Nixon signing a ball

Lakers program with 80 & 82 NBA Champ and 2X All Star inscriptions

True to the Blue! (and the Purple & Gold)




No comments:

Post a Comment