Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Darryl Strawberry Autograph Signing - Photos & Recap


On Saturday September 28, 2013, former Mets, Dodgers, and Yankees outfielder Darryl Strawberry was scheduled to sign autographs at the Long Beach Coin Expo from 12pm - 1:30pm.  After I obtained the autograph of A.J. Ellis, I hung around the expo and wanted for Strawberry to arrive.  Shortly after 12pm, Darryl sat down and began signing.  I was the second person in line and was done within a matter of minutes.  Darryl was in a great mood and asked how I was doing.  I told him I was doing well and thanked him for his time.  I handed him a program from the 1988 National League Championship Series and he said, he remembered the series well especially since "we lost".  He put a nice big clean signature on the program for me and then signed my ROLMB.  I had him add the 83 NL ROY inscription on the ball.

Check out the photos below.

Darryl Strawberry signing a bat

Strawberry signing my ball

Darryl Strawberry auto with 83 NL ROY inscription

Darryl Strawberry auto on 1988 NLCS program

True to the Blue!



No comments:

Post a Comment