Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Dodger Baseball Cards


In my last couple of posts, I've made reference to being out of town for two weeks.  On Father's Day, I headed up to Northern California for a two-week training for work.  The training was in the city of Roseville, which is about 15 miles outside of Sacramento.  Let me tell you, it is tough being a Dodger fan outside of the greater Los Angeles area.  Sacramento is pretty much in the Giants/A's area, so the one Dodger vs Giants game that was televised on ESPN2 was blacked out because it was in the Giants region.  I pretty much was relegated to following my Boys in Blue via the internet and my phone apps.  The weekend of June 22nd and June 23rd, I decided to explore and see if I could find a local card shop in the area.  I had to go to a few cities over but I did find one.  As you can imagine most of the cards in the display cases were of the Giants and the A's.

Lucky for me, the card shop had a 10 cent box where I was able to find the 16 base cards you see pictured in the post.  Not bad for a lazy Saturday afternoon.  I also decided to pick up a hobby box of 2013 Bowman baseball cards.  I'll post about what I pulled out of that box later.  A shout out to Teammates Sports Cards in Carmichael, CA, for allowing me to kill some time in their shop!








Check out my recent Topps Musuem Collection pick up right here     

True to the Blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment