Sunday, September 4, 2011

Tommy Lasorda Debacle Has a Happy Ending


Last Sunday August 28, 2011, Tommy Lasorda was scheduled to make an appearance before the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes game.  He was scheduled to sign from 5:00pm - 6:00pm but instead signed from 4:30pm - 5:30pm.  It's been documented in other blogs that Tommy wasn't in the best of moods and was full of expletives that day.  Although it's not cool, Tommy is hit & miss with his attitude sometimes.  There are times when he is the energetic joke telling Tommy we all know and love and there are other times when he is just a grumpy old man.

Well, check out reader Alan D's e-mail below.  He was at the Quakes game to get a Lasorda autograph.  He missed out on the auto but his story still has a happy ending.

I happened to be there for the Tommy Lasorda signing , been cooking in the sun & still wasn't able to get an auto from him.  He was supposed to sign from 5-6 but instead he came early & signed at 4:30 to 5:30 pm and he was in a bad mood.  He was yelling at the quakes staff because he did not want to be signing while the game had started.  I was so disappoint​ed with rest of 50 to 60 people on line, so I decided to just watch the game with my family.  By the 6th inning we decided to call it a day because my kids had school the next day.  As we were about to exit we noticed about 3 guys surroundin​g this person who looked familiar.  It was Dee Gordon, wow!  So I walked towards him and he was kind enough to sign my Stitches Dodgers Jersey, my official MLB baseball & also took a picture with him.  It all turned out to be a good day after that Tommy debacle.  Hopefully I catch him next time.
Check out Alan's picture with Dee -

Glad Alan's day had a happy ending. 
The day before Dee's rehab assignment, he had a signing at the OC Dugout linked here

True to the Blue!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! It's nice to know they got something out of their trip to Rancho. I just don't understand why Tommy acted that way.

    I see Alan at some of the signings. I stood in line with him and his family at the Rick Fox appearance in Monrovia a few months back.
    In my post, I show his daughter's signed Rick Fox bobblehead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it is very cool his day wasn't a waste. I guess it's just Tommy being Tommy.

    I remember that signing. I just took another look at your post. His daughter's bobblehead came out nice!

    ReplyDelete