Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Clayton Kershaw Front Page News


I was in the break room at work filling up my water bottle when I noticed a copy of the Los Angeles Times sitting on a table.  I took a minute to read the sports section and then noticed the front page.  News of Clayton Kershaw's 20th win made the front page.  As a life long Dodger fan, I was pleased to see the Dodgers on the front page of the hometown newspaper for an accomplishment on the field.  I'm tired of seeing bankruptcy news, divorce news, and court news rooms on the front page.  Once again, a tip of the cap to young Clayton Kershaw's 20th victory.  The first Dodger to do so since Ramon Martinez in 1990.

For those that are interested the caption under the photo taken by Lawrence K. Ho reads "Clayton Kershaw, shown after leaving the mound in the eigth inning, outdueled the Giants' Tim Lincecum for his 20th win, becoming the first Dodgers pitcher to reach the milestone in 21 years."

No comments:

Post a Comment