Sunday, July 13, 2014

Andre Ethier Signing - Recap and Photos


On Saturay July 12, 2014, Hall of Fame Sports hosted an Andre Ethier autograph signing at El Tepeyac restaurant in the City of Industry.  Ethier was scheduled to sign from 11:30 am to completion.  I have an Ethier personal collection that includes some signed bats, balls, and photos.  Some of them are individually signed or are projects that include other players.  I attended this signing with two objectives.  First, to complete my 2011 All-Star baseball that also includes Clayton Kershaw and Matt Kemp.  Second, to get Ethier's signature on a game used cap that he wore during the Civil Rights Game in 2012.  

I arrived at El Tepeyac at approximately 10:15am, picked up my will call tickets and decided to grab some breakfast.  One plus about Hall of Fame Sports events is that they have fans line up by number based on the order you purchase your tickets.  Since I had number 35, I knew my wait wouldn't be too long.  The only minor complaint I had, and trust me it isn't much of a complaint, is that since the event was held outside and there was such a large turnout, it was a little hard to hear when they were lining up the numbered groups.

Ethier arrived on time and immediately began signing.  The initial group was number 1 through 25 and within a few minutes they called up numbers 25 through 50.  I jumped in line and within 5 minutes had my items signed and was on my way home!  Take a look at my pictures below.

Ethier signing away

Ethier signed my game used cap


A side view of the cap which is MLB Authenticated

Ethier's auto on a 2011 All-Star baseball

Kershaw's auto on the same ball

Kemp's auto on the same ball.  The ball is complete. All 3 Dodger 2011 All Stars.

This was another well organized event put on by Hall of Fame Sports.
As always, Ethier was friendly with fans and in good spirits.

Follow me on twitter @TrueToTheBlue81 

True to the Blue!




No comments:

Post a Comment