Monday, April 28, 2014

Austin Pettis Charity Basketball Game



On Friday March 28, 2014, Rams wide receiver Austin Pettis, hosted his 3rd Annual Charity Basketball game at Orange Lutheran High School.  Being a Rams fan living in Orange County, or a fan of any NFL team living in Orange County means that it's not very often you get to meet players from your favorite team.  Being that approximately 10 NFL players were advertised to participate in this event, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to attend.  I purchased a VIP ticket for myself and my nephew, who is a HUGE Rams fan, and we got some items ready we had hoped to get signed.

The day of the event we arrived on time and were provided with a dinner catered by Buffalo Wild Wings.  After taking a few minutes to eat our dinner, Austin Pettis, Oakland Raiders receiver Rod Streater, and Oakland Raiders punter Marquette King entered the room and started signing autographs.  We were also given a print of the poster above and my nephew got it signed by Pettis.  Pettis was kind enough to sign my nephew's Rams cap and an 8x10 photo for me.  We didn't bring any Raiders items so we passed on getting anything signed by Streater or King.

After a few more minutes Rams receiver Brian Quick, Rams defensive back Trumaine Johnson, and Rams defensive back T.J. McDonald entered the room and also began signing.  All six NFL players were super friendly with fans.  They posed for pictures and signed any and all items fans brought with them.

It was a great experience for my nephew and I.  He definitely enjoyed all the autographs and pictures he got.  Take a look at the stuff we got below.

Austin Pettis signing for fans

My nephew with Rams WR Brian Quick

My nephew with Rams WR Austin Pettis

My nephew with Rams DB T.J. McDonald

My nephew with Rams DB Trumaine Johnson

Cards signed by T.J. McDonald and Brian Quick

T.J. McDonald signed 8x10

T.J. McDonald signed 8x10

Brian Quick signed 8x10

Trumaine Johnson signed 8x10

Austin Pettis signed 8x10

Thanks to the Austin Pettis Foundation for organizing a great event!

Follow me on twitter @TrueToTheBlue81

True to the Blue! (and Gold)


No comments:

Post a Comment