Friday, January 24, 2014

Julio Cesar Chavez Autograph Signing - Photos & Recap


On Sunday January 19, 2014, El Gran Campeon de Mexico, Julio Cesar Chavez was scheduled to sign autographs at the OC Dugout from 2:00pm to 4:00pm.  Having purchased my ticket ahead of time, I arrived at approximately 1:30pm and picked up my will call tickets.  There were three lines outside the OC Dugout. The VIP line, which I was in, the regular line and the line for those that had purchased photo ops.

The former champ didn't show up on time and was around an hour late.  After taking some time to sign mail in items and items for the promoters, OC Dugout and Honabach and Sons, Chavez began taking photos with those who purchased photo ops.  Once the photos were complete, he started signing for those that purchased VIP tickets.  The line was steady moving but not that fast.  Once I made it to the front, I noticed that Chavez was wearing his sunglasses inside.  After I laughed a little bit, I put out my two items thanked him for his time and headed home.

Another great signing brought to you by the OC Dugout and Honabach and Sons.  It was a shame Chavez was late to the signing but you can't hold that against the promoters.  Take a look at the items I got signed below.

11x14 photos signed in silver deco marker

signed program from De La Hoya/Chavez II

True to the Blue!


No comments:

Post a Comment