Friday, January 6, 2012

Eric Dickerson Signing - Photos & Recap


On Saturday December 3, 2011, OC Sports Cards put on a signing at their shop with NFL Hall of Fame running back Eric Dickerson.  OC Sports Cards is the sister store of The OC Dugout which put on the Dee Gordon signing back on August 27th.  For my recap & photos of that signing click here .  The Dickerson signing was scheduled to run from 11:00 am to 1:00pm.

I had purchased my tickets in advance but decided to shop up at 10:00am just in case there was a long line.  When I arrived at 10:00am, the shop was open but since I didn't see a line forming outside, I walked a few shops down to Starbucks and got a snack.  When I came back out there was one person starting a line, so I figured I'd be the second person.  Within a few minutes a steady stream of people began lining up.  Just a few minutes before 11:00am, Dickerson showed up and headed into the shop.

It was looks like is becoming an OC Dugout & OC Sports Cards tradition, they provided free pizza to everyone in line.  After about 15-20 minutes of signing these for the shop & promoters, the line was moved into the shop.  They allowed about 5 people in at a time.  Dickerson was very friendly and was posing for photos with anyone who asked.  When I entered the shop, my estimate was there was about 40 people in line.

As I approached Dickerson, he was really chatty and signed two mini-helmets for me.  One I am keeping for myself and the other I gave as a Christmas gift to my nephew.  I also had Dickerson sign a 1984 Los Angeles Rams Yearbook i've been saving since I bought it as a kid in 1984.  The yearbook has Rams Hall of Famers, Eric Dickerson, Jack Youngblood and Jackie Slater on the cover along with former Rams, Johnnie Johnson, Nolan Cromwell and Vince Ferragamo.  I had Jack Youngblood sign the yearbook at a previous appearance linked here .  When I handed Dickerson the yearbook he started laughing and commenting on his old hair style from 1984!

Once Dickerson, signed my items, I  took a picture with him, grabbed a couple slices of pizza and headed to another signing.

Take a look at my pics from the signing below:

Eric Dickerson sitting behind the counter at OC Sports Cards.


My mini helmet w/HOF 99 inscription

1984 Rams Yearbook w/2,105 Yards Dec. 9, 1984 inscription


Overall it was another good signing put on by OC Sports Cards.  Don't forget they have another Dee Gordon signing coming up at Frank & Sons.  For more info on that signing check out my post here


True to the Blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment