Wednesday, November 9, 2011

1981 World Series Reunion - pics & recap


On Saturday November 5, 2011, at Frank & Son Collectible Show, Hall of Fame Sports presented a signing involving several members of the 1981 World Series Champion Los Angeles Dodgers.  There were 23 Dodgers scheduled to appear throughout the day signing autographs.  Due to a family commitment, I promised my nephew/Godson, I would go to his football game on Saturday morning. He plays on the freshman team for Servite High School located in Anaheim, CA.  Anyhow, I was unable to make the signing but for the first time ever, arranged for the promoter, in this case Hall of Fame Sports to get my items signed.

While there were 23 Dodgers appearing, I wanted Dave Stewart, Bob Welch, Pedro Guerrero, and Dusty Baker.  I figured these were some of the tougher autos to get, I had several other autos from the other starters on the team and some of the others sign often in the area, sometimes for free.  So I paid for my autos in advance and picked out a sweet looking 16x20 photo of the 1981 World Series trophy.  I was able to make it out to the signing later in the day just to snap some photos.

 Pedro Guerrero

 Steve Garvey

Tommy Lasorda & Reliever Dave Goltz

Today, I stopped by Frank & Son to pick up my item but was given some bad news.  For some reason, they forgot to have Dusty Baker sign my photo!  Chris from Hall of Fame Sports was extremely apologetic and wanted to make it right. He offered me a refund, a Dusty Baker signed baseball, an autograph ticket to the upcoming Fernando Valenzuela signing or a Tommy Lasorda signed baseball.  I accepted his apology and chose the signed Lasorda ball.  While i'm still bummed out and a little upset, it was cool for Hall of Fame Sports to give me something of more value and it looks like a have a new project to finish!

Check out my Lasorda ball and my 16x20 signed by Dave Stewart, Bob Welch & Pedro Guerrero.  I also attached my purchase order/invoice that clearly states, Dusty Baker!




True to the Blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment