Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Garvey, Lopes, Cey & Russell Signing - Pictures & Recap

On Saturday February 4, 2012, Hall of Fame Sports hosted a signing at Frank & Son with former Dodgers, Davey Lopes, Steve Garvey, Ron Cey, Bill Russell, Don Newcombe and Lenny Harris.  I wasn't interested in an auto from Harris and I already have Newcombe on an 8x10, bobblehead and baseball.  I have the Record Setting Infield on a few items as well.  However, I started a 1981 World Series Champions project a few months ago and needed to add the infield.

Russell and Cey were scheduled to sign from 10:00am to 11:30am and Garvey & Lopes were scheduled for 11:00am to 12:30pm.  I arrived a little late at around 11:15am and Russell and Cey had already left the stage area.  Luckily, they were still in the back and returned to sign for a few of us late comers.  As I had met them both before, I really didn't say much besides hello and thank you. 

Davey Lopes took a look at my 16x20 photo and commented the MLB Championship Trophy is widely considered the worst Championship Trophy of the four major sports.  He then proceeded to tell me the trophy for the team and the smaller versions for the players are made by Tiffany & Co.  It was something I didn't know and I thought it was pretty cool.  He mentioned the individual trophies cost between $30,000 and $40,000 and most of the players bought them but very few of the coaches did.  I thanked him for his time and the good story and moved onto the Steve Garvey line.  Garvey was all smiles as always and was great with the young kids.

Being that Hall of Fame Sports has had the Record Setting Infield sign often at Frank & Sons, the crowd wasn't too big.  All four players were posing for pictures and taking their time chatting with fans.  Overall it was a great signing.  Take a look at my pictures below.

Davey Lopes

 Ron Cey getting ready to leave

 Steve Garvey working the phone

Bill Russell

Even though I didn't get an auto, I snapped this pic
of Lenny Harris wearing his Beats by Dre

Added Garvey, Cey, Lopes & Russell to my project.
I already had B. Welch, D. Stewart, P. Guerrero & Fernando

True to the Blue!


No comments:

Post a Comment